The last day of school is finally here, and my girls are super excited for summertime! We’ll be receiving their report cards next Wednesday, and we’re already planning to reward their hard work. I love being able to acknowledge their efforts without spending a fortune. Here are some fun ways to do just that:
Note: It’s important to plan ahead and contact your local stores to ensure they participate in these offers, as some are regional and may vary among participating establishments. The last thing you want is a disappointed child with a good report card, right? Some of these programs are designed for schools and teachers who need to sign up to get program materials for their students.
- Applebee’s A is for Apple Program: Kids can receive a certificate for a free kids’ meal. This program is open to schools, so if you’re a parent, make sure to inform your child’s teacher about it.
- Baskin Robbins: Enjoy a free scoop of ice cream for A’s and B’s.
- Blockbuster: Please note that the Good Grades, Free Rental Program has been discontinued. However, it might still be available at some stores, so check with your local Blockbuster.
- Bob Evans Star Student Program: Get a free kids’ meal.
- Brunswick Bowling Games for Grades: Score a free game for each report card A at Brunswick Zone and Zone XL.
- Bruster’s Ice Cream: Claim a free ice cream cone.
- Burger King: Participating locations offer a free hamburger for good grades.
- Cheryl’s Cookies: In Ohio, California, and Illinois locations, get up to 3 FREE Cookies for A’s.
- Chick-fil-A: Bring in an all A’s and B’s report card to receive a FREE 8 pack of nuggets. Some locations may offer this program to schools and teachers only, so call ahead to check.
- Chuck E. Cheese: Kids can bring in their recent report card to receive FREE tokens for good grades.
- Cold Stone Creamery: Students who earn a straight-A report card can get free ice cream. This program is for kindergarten through fifth-grade students.
- Color Me Mine Bookmark Program: Kids who meet their reading goals can earn a prize at this paint-your-own pottery studio, such as free paint time or a ceramic piece.
- Family Video: Offers free rentals based on report card grades.
- Fazoli’s Friendly Reader Program: Every five books read earns a free kids’ meal.
- Friendly’s Achievement Award Program: Get a kids meal for good grades.
- IHOP: Enjoy a free kids meal with a good report card.
- Jason’s Deli JD Pickle Reward: Teachers and parents can award children under 12 J.D. Pickle Cards to redeem for a free kids’ meal.
- Justice Stores: Bring in your report card issued within 30 days and receive a $5 same-day discount for good grades.
- Krispy Kreme Good Grades Program: Get a free original glazed donut for each A (up to 6 A’s).
- Limited Too: Receive a $5 same day discount for good grades by bringing your report card within 30 days of issuance.
- Long John Silver’s: This program, offering meals for various achievements, is open to schools. School administrators should contact local restaurants for participation.
- McDonald’s: Kindergarten through 5th-grade students with straight A’s can earn a free Happy Meal, while grades 6-12 can get a free Value Meal. Check with your local McDonald’s for variations in the program.
- Noah’s Bagels: Students in grades 1-8 will receive one free bagel for every A on their report cards.
- Noodles & Company School Tools: Bring in a certificate for perfect attendance, honor roll, good citizenship, or fitness to choose a free bowl of pasta.
- Ohio State Park Lodges & Conference Centers Stay for ‘A’s Program: Students receive discounts for every ‘A’ on their report cards. For more details, check the Ohio State Park Lodges & Conference Centers website.
- Peter Piper Pizza: Get a free 7” 1 topping pizza for good grades on your report card.
- Pizza Hut Three A’s Program: Receive a Personal Pan Pizza and a small soft drink or carton of milk for having 3 A’s or equivalent. Dine-in only.
- Uno Chicago Grill School Award Certificate Program: Recognize students for perfect attendance, participation in the read-a-thon, or other achievements.
- Red Robin Certificate of Excellence: Enjoy a free kids’ meal or Monster Milkshake for academic achievement, acts of kindness, or perfect attendance.
- SBARRO: Get a free slice of cheese or pepperoni pizza and a small drink for kids with all A’s & B’s on their report cards.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed: K-6 students who complete six hours of non-school-related reading are eligible for free admission to their nearest theme park. Note that registration periods may vary.
- Sonic Drive-In: Contact your local Sonic to inquire about grade-related goodies and incentives.
- Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes: Enjoy the Star Achiever Award for “Sprouts” with good grades.
- Tesoro: Students aged 13 to 23 in specific states can earn a free Tesoro reward card for getting good grades.
- Topps: Bring your report card to participating “Home Team Advantage” hobby stores to receive a free Topps trading card.
- Wendy’s: A report card with A’s and B’s earns a delicious treat. Make sure to check with your local restaurant for program participation.
- Zuma Fun Center: Located in Houston and Knoxville, they offer FREE game tokens for good report cards.
Discounts for Driving Teens:
- State Farm: Get up to 25% off for academic achievements.
- Progressive: Enjoy a 10% discount for ranking in the top 20% of the class or achieving a B average.
- Farmers: Receive 5% to 25% off for academic excellence.
- Esurance: Get 5% to 10% off for maintaining a 3.0 or B average.
- Liberty Mutual: Enjoy 22% to 35% off for maintaining a B average.
- GEICO: Receive 10% to 15% off for achieving a B average.
If you have any feedback, want to share your experiences with these programs, or have additional programs to add, feel free to leave a comment below!